Sunday, May 3, 2009

Baaaaadddd Case of Senioritis :-/

I'm taking a break from the normal 90's memorabilia this week to discuss life in today's time... My life now.

As the year thins outs, we're down to the last month, I'm enrolled at James Madison (Now thats a whhhooolllee different blog), I've been making summer plans, graduation is so close, I find myslef looking back on my high school years.

I wished away the four years spent at Brunswick High, I had that itch to graduate, that itch to be done with everyone here, move on, met all new people. I look back on all the years I played Basketball, from the freshman team with Melissa (who constantly had team dinner parties at her house only to bad mouth Gayleen :-)), to JV with Spezio (who totally took us bowling on a rainy day that our game got cancelled), toVarsity with Gayleen (who I really can't say a good thing about.. OH! she yelled at me for being upset when my boyfriend totalled his first car and i wanted to stay to make sure he was alright... wait... thats not good either...)... I'll never play sports on a team again, not a real traveling team...

I look back on the Homecomings all through out the years- Freshman year with Ronnie Musselman, Sophmore with Adam Cordell, Junior with Tia, Senior with Brian... I look back on last years prom with Brian... I'll never have those dances again...

I look back on Pep Rallys- I attended every year...

I look back on walking into school, everyday, to see all the faces of people i have known since the fourth grade, others, since the sixth... I'll never see those faces again, not nearly as much as I do now, if ever...

So now is the time I tell everyone "Oh, I wish I hadn't wished my years away so quickly, I would've stayed to enjoy the innocence and lack of responsibilities I will soon have", but lets face it, I won't miss a darn thing about the crap hole.

When we all think back to the freshman version of me, we tend to remember that even then, I had the infamous senioritis, I grew up with Brianne Walters and continued to stay close friends through her high school years, my best best best friend was Peter Jeffery, (both were seniors), I was dating a Junior, I already hated school. I was that kid who had senioritis the sencond day of freshman year, so it's no suprise that senior year, I was voted "Most likely to catch senioritis".

Yeah, when I look back on everything I mentioned before, I also notice that freshman year was blissful. Basketball was awesome, Homecoming was ridiculous, PLEASE tell me everyone remembers Ashley Sullivan-Wolfe dancing with Eric Zwilsky while he fed her melted M&Ms from his chocolate stained pants, Pep Rally was loud, Fun, and exciting (Batteries were even thrown as people I knew!), and everyone was not neccessarily drama-free, but not half as much filled as they are now.

But I start to notice a pattern, every year, school got progressively worse. And im not saying this because I want to get out of here, But seriously! I cant find a single GOOD thing about basketball Junior year, so I gave up six years of Basketball because I throughly HATED it, no thnks to the coach. UGH! she seriously turn SO many girls against Basketball, no shes doing the same thing to my little sister. Homecoming was SO terrible, we left early! the lights were turned on and the music stopped, seriously? my sister said the middle school dances were better. Prom last year was so terrible, Im not even gogin this year, Chili Cook-off here I come!!! Pep rally was the pits. I wanted to leave early, but felt bad that i wasn't going to be there to be announced for our superlatives, which was laaaaame. and the bright, shiny faces? I dont even like 50% of our class, nor do i even KNOW 25%. Im not feeling too bad that I'll never see thiese people again, thats the phrase I kept running through my hear last year, I can honestly say it got me through high school.

So no, I'm not going to miss high school. I feel that my senior year has been robbed, much like the 8th grade feild trip to Sandy Point... This was nothing like I ever imagined it would be. I NEVER in a million years, thought I would skip out on my senior prom. But I can honestly say that I'm not going to regret it... not one bit. It's sad when my freshman sister, is seriously considering transfering to Middletown, because Brunswick's school system is so corrupt and total dream killers, dont we have a whle life time to have our dreams killed? why start now?

No comments:

Post a Comment