Sunday, March 8, 2009

Oh Comfort Me, Movies of the 90's- Part Two

Picking up from where we left off we're starting with Number 5, working our way to the Number One, Greatest movie of the 90's...

5. Wayne's World (1992) - Two slacker friends try to promote their public-access cable show.- Probably one of the greatest soundtracks of a movie EVER! (Yes, I own it) Mike Myers and Dana Carvey are constantly making you laugh. Not to mention, who doesn't remember the scene while driving in the car singing "Bohemian Rhapsody", greatest scene ever. Plus the "Wayne's World Theme" is probably one of the best songs created in a movie. "Wayne's World, Party on, Excellent, dededo dededo dededo!"


4. Office Space (1999) - Comedic tale of company workers who hate their jobs and decide to rebel against their greedy boss.- I will admit, when I first watched this movie I didn't like it very much, I thought it was very slow. But now that I'm older and so much more wiser (ha!), this is one of my favorite movies, as it is for any sane person.- I was once told by my ex-boyfriend that if he were to choose any scene of any movie to describe me, it would be when Richard Riehle, playing Tom Smykowski, describes his "Jump to Conclusions" mat. I took that offensively...


3. Clueless (1995) - Cher, a high school student in Beverly Hills, must survive the ups and downs of adolescent life.- This is one of my favorite movies from it's release to today. Sure Alicia Silverstone was AWESOME in this movie, but Paul Rudd is SOOOO HOT! This was when i fell in love with Brittany Murphy and Donald Faison. Clueless is like, one of the movies that DEFINES 90's flicks. It was even made fun of in Not Another Teen Movie (2001), So you KNOW it's gotta be worth something.



2. 10 Things I Hate About You (1999) - A remake of the classic Shakespare play "The Taming of the Shrew.", set in a modern day highschool.- The classic Teenage love, lies and consequences movie. Aside from how hot gorgeous Heath Ledger is, 10 Things I Hate About You is an absolute classic that I can seriously watch for hours and hours on end. Also being made fun of in Not Another Teen Movie, 10 Things I Hate About You is yet another 90's defining movie, and the King of teen-love-flicks-land.









1. A Night at the Roxbury (1998) - Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan play the Roxbury Guys, Steve and Doug Butabi, who want to get into the best club in town, and also hope to open their own club.- Placed in the top 5 movies quoted in the 1990's, A Night at the Roxbury is still one of the greatest movies EVER made. Saturday Night Live really set this pair off, and made Will Ferrell my ultimate favorite actor, even today. This movie never gets old. No matter what mood I'm in, this film can turn everything around and littreally have me LOLing. Ferrell and Katten are a riot. Funny thing, my girl friends and I were out this past weekend at a "social gathering place" and the DJ spins out "What Is Love?" by Haddaway, that song can no longer be just a song, it is forever linked to the infamous "head jerk" of the Butabi brothers (Ferrell and Kattan). So of course, getting into the song, my girl friends and I do the jerk, looking around to see that a good 90 percent of the crowd was also, doing the jerk. It was awesome.

If you haven't seen A NIight at the Roxbury, you're not living life, this is a MUST SEE MOVIE!


We salute you, Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan, for playing the roles of the Butabi brothers oh so well and creating the infamaous, forever known, head jerk to "What Is Love?".

1 comment: